Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Europe Adventures!

Hello again!  I just got back from a two week independent study!  We headed to Berlin, Prague, Vienna, Innsbruck, Vals, Zurich, Munich, and Bilbao.  Now we are back with the rest of the class and our teacher in Lisbon, Portugal.  Lots of traveling so far!  Starting to get tired of repacking my backpack.  I have gotten pretty good at it though!  Switzerland is Beautiful.  Huge valleys, big mountains, clear rivers, and thermal baths!  By far the most relaxing place I have been.  Nothing says pampered when you are sitting in a thermal bath looking at fresh snow on the mountains.  The only down side was the price of that place.  Goodness.  To put it in perspective we checked the prices at Burger King.  Usually a meal is around $6.  In Switzerland, my friend Cameron bought a Burger King mean for $17.  Everything is really expensive.  A good Dinner was around $30 for just the main dish.  We were hoping for something around $5.  Oh well though.  The experience was great!  I got to see Matt while I was in Berlin.  He talked to the locals for us, which was a huge help.  I'm pretty sure we would have been very lost without him.  It was great to see him!  Bilbao was nice to see.  The Guggenheim Museum was a sight!  And the Spanish decided to have a strike right outside our hotel.  Luckily for us, the strike was only a day, and we could get to our next destination with little delay.  Our second design project is due in a few days, which means only one more design to go.  Then I get to go see Emily back home!  Yay!  Well, it's about time to pack up my stuff to go on a day trip up the mountain to go look at a castle.  =)  Talk to you guys later!

--
Evan Koehler

1 comment:

Nana B said...

Thanks for the update! We always enjoy reading about your travels! :)